Charity Gaming Event

4 months 1 week ago
Lily D’rose
Thank you received: 1
  • Can't Stop Running Senior Member
Topic Author
Charity Gaming Event #7364
Guys, I am just putting this out here to see if there is any interest! So the company I work for held a charity gaming event last year - continuous gaming (various games and platforms) over a 52 hour period. It was called Ready Player 1. This year they are holding it again, it's called Ready Player 2! I would really like to take part this year (I chickened out last year as I have no idea about streaming).
Anyway, if I put my name down as a gamer, I would need to get a 2 hour timeslot where I (and any interested FC members) would play FFXIV for those hours, and I would also stream whatever we were doing, whilst raising money for various charities.

Would anyone be interested in doing this with me? I suggest we would group up and do some harder content, that could possibly take 2 hours to complete? I would also need some help with setting myself up to stream - bit nervous about this as I dont like being on camera!

Please let me know if you would be interested to know more and I can provide further details and see if it is something we as an FC could take part in?

Hope this post is allowed, if not just delete !

Lily D x
:P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 months 1 week ago
Nalroz
Deputy Leader
Deputy Leader
Thank you received: 65
Charity Gaming Event #7365
It is definitely allowed Lily and sounds like a really cool idea for a charity fundraiser. To help gauge interest from the members, perhaps you could add how many people you are looking for and what date and time it would take place, if you have this info already?

2 months 3 weeks ago
Lily D’rose
Thank you received: 1
  • Can't Stop Running Senior Member
Topic Author
Charity Gaming Event #7659
Sorry for the delay in writing back here, I have just been busy working out how I can stream for this event!! I sort of have worked it out, just need to buy a webcam now. Anyway, the event is happening between the 6th and 8th September 2019. Each gamer that signs up from my company takes a 2 hour session during those dates, and the sessions run continuously for the 3 days. I am looking to take a 2 hour slot either on the Friday or Saturday - during the evening say 7pm to 9pm. The slots haven't been taken yet as we are still recruiting gamers via my work. The timeslots are flexible and I can take more than one, so could run this on Friday and Saturday, but we can decide that later.

I am not sure what content we could run, but it would need to be something that we can get to last 2 hours, so perhaps practice runs for some of the harder content? Open to suggestions really. I would ideally like to get a full raid of people interested in taking part. You would have to not mind being part of the stream and have your voices heard. It will be streamed via Twitch. Throughout the stream I will also make references to the charities that we are supporting and will be collecting donations from viewers (dont worry I am not expecting donations from anyone)!! We will also have a moderator helping me out.

I think it could be really fun, the event took place last year and was excellent, and I really regretted not getting involved! I was too shy to stream back then!

Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks Guys <3

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds