Stormblood - Impressions & Discussion

• Posts 389
  • Thank you received: 54

Belazarus created the topic: Stormblood - Impressions & Discussion

Hi Everyone

Stormblood is finally here - thought I'd create this thread for you all to share your first impressions and experiences with the latest expansion. We can't wait to hear your thoughts and hear about your adventures. Feel free to also use this discussion thread to ask any questions you have about any of the changes / new additions that have come with Stormblood, and I've no doubt that there will be a friendly Alithian ready & willing to offer some friendly advice.

Let the Hype begin people :woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posts 5
  • Thank you received: 0

Sandecker replied the topic: Stormblood - Impressions & Discussion

I think the Login Boss is a bit over tuned

• Posts 7
  • Thank you received: 10

Janna Alesti replied the topic: Stormblood - Impressions & Discussion

My first impression - deeply relieved to find that the voice acting in cut scenes is as bad as ever. Wouldn't be FFXIV without going through that pain at regular points in the story :D

But otherwise, don't like the new rotations for dragoon much but I daresay I'll get used to them. And the SB game seems to be pretty much a direct continuation of HW which is 90% good and 10% bad (the pointless run around quests).

Haven't got into any instances yet so I can't comment on them.

And imo a pretty seamless launch. Yes, some long log-in times on day 1 but that is to be expected. And I liked the quick way they introduced extra servers to cope with area demand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Belazarus

• Posts 4
  • Thank you received: 2

freimensch replied the topic: Stormblood - Impressions & Discussion

Several suggestions from various sources to prevent logout after 30 min AFK.
  1. Start crafting and remain in this mode
  2. Start fishing in some water and just stay with your fishing rod out
  3. Call your aesthetician in the inn . As long as you're on the character customization screen you won't be logged out
  4. Opening retainer inventory also prevents log out

I didn't check all of this, only checked first one. Will check fishing one, because it doesn't require any mats on you

P.S. I know it's not proper behavior for others who wait in queue, but on the other hand - waiting for several hours in queue after some rl distraction isn't good either

• Posts 4
  • Thank you received: 2

freimensch replied the topic: Stormblood - Impressions & Discussion

SMN is gutted heavily.
I'm not in 70, but already feel that I don't have proper aoe at all and that Ruin spamming... ugh. Hope bahamut will be not so boring.
On positive side - i had fun with smn in pvp - really melting ppl.

Also Sustain is removed - and I don't see why we still have Titan-egi now - it's useless. Several good hits from easy fate bosses - and it's dead. And Cure heals him for tiny amount, so small that it doesn't matter.
I'm really glad I foresaw this and rushed to complete 1-100 palace solo for title (KOed on 120 floor boss). Now it will be harder

• Posts 10
  • Thank you received: 9

Nalroz replied the topic: Stormblood - Impressions & Discussion

So apart from the unnecessary glitches with trials and login queues (all of which they have enough experience to deal with by now, or at least should have), plus the annoyance that when you are in a group and port to a new zone you are no longer in the same channel (sigh), I absolutely love SB. Graphics and colour vibrancy is much improved, the world looks brilliant, the story is superb, the voice acting is so much better than ARR and HW (at least I think so), the bosses are generally more interesting and the detail of the dungeon interiors is great.

Bard re-model overall is a good thing. A lot to get used to and work out but I think its a better DPS class with the new formats and much better support class.
Overall, I really like it and having reached 70 on my main, can't wait to develop from here and look at the Red Mage and Samuri.

• Posts 5
  • Thank you received: 3

Astral Storm replied the topic: Stormblood - Impressions & Discussion

So far, so good. The new maps (and accompanying music) are great - you can tell a lot of work has went in to creating them.

Red Mage is ridiculously fun (and let's be honest - slightly overpowered..!) with a very simple rotation - it's going to be a great class for beginners to get into raiding with.

Samurai hits like a truck but is a little more complicated and can't "pack a punch" in the initial time Red Mage can - they need a little time to build up their skills. Again, I can see this being a major addition to endgame raid teams in it's current form. We don't have numbers yet, but I imagine it's sustained boss damage will be quite high come 70.

For all the doom and gloom us White Mage players were feeling pre-launch, it's actually in a pretty solid spot right now - it's the same old White Mage I know and love with some of it's problems left behind with Heavensward. At 60+ I have yet to encounter ANY MP issues, even with my usual gun-ho, middle of the pack Holy spam. The Lily system is a little too simplistic - spam Cure II, get some lilies, use Assize/Tetra, repeat. It would've been better implemented to increase overall cast speed, or a skill with which to sacrifice your lilies for a temporary speed boost. The lily-powered shield is interesting, however, and one I'm looking forward to experimenting with come endgame.

I haven't had a chance to play around with my SMN or SCH yet (been too busy RDMing it up in PotD) but I've heard some pretty brutal things have happened to them - I'm hoping not, as SMN was my go-to DPS class. I loved it.

• Posts 17

Era replied the topic: Stormblood - Impressions & Discussion

Cant really comment on the new stuff, but having just dinged 50 at the weekend it would be awesome to play....... not been able to get on since sunday morning. Queues are always 2000+ when i get home in an evening, and was 4000 ish on sunday afternoon.

Guess ill just have to wait until things calm down to be able to play again :(

• Posts 14

Rauzi replied the topic: Stormblood - Impressions & Discussion

Can't comment much on SB content as i'm still slogging my way through HW questline at lvl 53 atm. But i've gotten a good amount of time spent on SAM (With these ques, i've not even bothered to log in, so maybe 5-7h?) And my initial thought is that it will definitely be my main dps. But during lvling i've come up with few issues. Yes SAM hits like a truck, but before 60, you can expect yourself to be at death's door constantly as you're lacking the survivability.

On the other hand, i can see the potential in the end game for SAM. Sustained damage with a good peak in dmg ever 10-20 seconds depending on situation. And a decent survivability with merciful eyes.

Based on current exprience with the expansion i'd say it's decent, not caring about the lore, will have to experience the end game to give any better opinion about it.

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds