Wow, we are in for one mammoth patch when 5.3 arrives! During the latest letter from the producer podcast, FFXIV producer Yoshi-P unveiled a truck load of details regarding the upcoming patch, which is titled "Reflections in Crystal". While we didn't get a confirmed release date, we're expecting the patch to arrive anytime between July-August. We did get a pretty comprehensive list of confirmed content (with a few screenshots too), and we know there will be "more" details to be confirmed later.
This patch is looking to be one of the biggest content updates we've received, with everything you could want thrown in (new main story quests, new beast tribe, new alliance raid, new dungeon AND trial, new relice weapon steps, new zone, and more...) Below is a summary of everything that was confirmed during the Live Letter. If you'd like to watch some reactions to the news from our very own Alithians, scroll down to watch our latest Alith-Cast episode where we dive into our initial throughts & reactions to the upcoming patch!
Here's a summary of all content currently confirmed for Patch 5.3 - Reflections in Crystal:
- New Main Story Quests: The conclusion to the Shadowbringers story!
- New Dungeon: "The Heroes Gauntlet"
- New Beast Tribe + Quests: The Dwarves (crafting)
- Chronicles of a New Era Quests: "The Sorror of Werlyt"
- New Trial: Title not confirmed yet, final battle of Shadowbringers story
- New Alliance Raid: YoRHa - Dark Apocalypse: "The Puppet's Bunker"
- Resistance Weapon Quests & Upgrades: Including "The Bozjan Southern Front" questing zone (5.35)
- Crafting Changes:
- Trial Synthesis - practice crafting any recipe without materials
- Search for recipes using ingredients
- New Custom Delivery Client
- All collectable items will now be separate from normal craftables
- Ishgardian Restoration Update - 3rd phase
- Skysteel Tools Upgrades
- A Realm Reborn MSQ Revamp (content streamlined)
- Roughly 13% of quests removed
- "Run-around" steps taken out of quests so they are quicker
- Increased XP & Rewards
- Flying Mounts enabled in all ARR zones!
- New Trial Difficulty (Unreal)
- 1 ARR primal (unreal mode) introduced at each patch, for a limited time (starting with Shiva)
- Primal will be scaled up to level 80
- Completing the unreal primal, enables you to play a new mini-game called "Faux Hollows" (once per week)
- Other Changes (Quality of Life)
- Exiting parties can now join other groups in party finder
- "No Doubles" option introduced to party finder
- Token Vendors added to all major cities (that will offer all exchangeable items)
- New Parasols Menu
- Various PvE and PvP and Job Adjustements - to be confirmed later!
Alith-Cast reacts to the Patch 5.3 News:
Click images below to enlarge
Belazaurs & The Alith Officers